SpareMusic does not provide tax advice. Please consult with your own tax professional before submitting any tax information.

Before SpareMusic can pay you any royalties, you need to provide us with a tax form. It's important you will out the right form according to your needs. Our payment provider Tipalti makes this process super simple and can guide you through the process.

When you get to the tax form section, they have a wizard that will guide you through selecting the correct form. Select the form and fill out the information.

In some countries, you may be able to claim treaty benefits. If you don't claim treaty benefits or your country doesn't have a tax treaty with the U.S. up to 30% of your earnings may be subject to tax withholding. If you can claim treaty benefits, you should.

Tipalti provides a list of which countries the U.S. has a tax treaty agreement with alongside the withholding amount. Please refer to the "Copyright" column when looking up the withholding amounts:

These instructions don’t constitute tax advice. Please consult with your tax advisor before completing a tax form.

Did this answer your question?