Yes! It's pretty easy too so long as you follow the steps below:
- Grab your artwork and audio files for the release(s) you want to transfer to SpareMusic, these should be the exact same files you uploaded to your old distributor.
- Login to your SpareMusic platform and create a new release. Upload your artwork, set your original release date, upload all of your tracks (ensuring you set the correct metadata for every track) and select the stores you want your release to go live on.
- Go to your old distributor and ask them to take the album down. SpareMusic are super quick with making deliveries to stores so if your old distributor is slow, you might see your release duplicated on stores.
- Have a party because your now in the hands of the kind folks here at SpareMusic! 😊
There's a few things to remember when switching to SpareMusic:
- Ensure you provide us with the exact metadata so you keep your stats
- Review on your music that was uploaded to iTunes will not be copied over.
- Your old distributor will owe you money up until their version of the release is removed from stores. Make sure they pay you out everything you're owed 💰!